love thy neighbour

 

440

In this world, I still can't believe there are people who think so absurdly different to me; I used to think that it is what makes us interesting, but now I'm not so sure. This isn't to say that my word is right and only my word, however I do believe there are facts upon this world that should be relied upon as common knowledge and good morals. Then, when disagreed with, I stand in the middle of this planet pondering the very point of life on it. 


So far, I have lived a rather confusing life. In fact, I am unsure whether or not there have been many moments of certainty in my life. Thoughts of such? Plenty - but actions of certainty in my past are few, which is potentially worrying. 


Worrying, however, is something I do too much, which is why I'll try to avoid and walk past it in this post... ironically of course, since worry is the catalyst of this essay.


When looking at different parts of the world, I constantly find myself thinking about my chances of survival there. Due to it being a regular occurrence, I then tend to mention it to those around me, which sparks interesting (and quite worrisome) conversations. 


"What do you mean?" is a question I hear quite frequently.


It's strange... I look at a place like America, listen to stories of those who came before me, and don't know what to think. Would I survive? Would I make friends? Would my personality alter? Would my morals fault? It's strange to think about, thus making it even stranger to imaging being a possibility.


As I look at the world, I always hope for the best. With every birthday cake wish, every shooting star, every eyelash on a cheek... I hope for the same. Can we all get along? Compliment each other without clashing? Stop the nasty looks and street fights for a day? Converse and listen to others? It shouldn't be such a pain.


I used to be a young child worrying about the adult world. I still feel like that young child. Now, it seems, it is my time to share a positive influence, better outlook, motivated and inspired mindset. That is my hope for myself - let's make our specs of the world slightly better. 


Love those around you,
Matty Rose Morgan



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts