the idea that something can change so much

431
Reminiscing.

Everyone does it every so often... People examine various sections of their life, look back and compare things. It baffles me just how strongly things are capable of changing; people grow, situations change, but things do not always remain parallel (despite the expectation for them to do so).

Friendships. Relationships. Careers. Everything is capable of change.

To me, personally, it's a painful process. It's easiest for me to pretend that every day is a new day, incomparable to the last, ensuring that I do not find myself disappointed with the progress that has been made. But alas, I notice things nonetheless. I'll notice the change in approach and behaviour, and then subconsciously start analysing what else has changed and how salvageable the situation is. Most of the time, my decision is to also use situations from the past - almost a trip down memory lane - hoping to cause a sense of ah-hah, yes - this does make sense in the other party. That being said, the theory seems to be constantly failing me.

Truth be told, some things aren't salvageable... or at least not in the secretive ways. Honesty, plan and preparation - that is what you should aim for regardless of the pain that could go through the process. Things will change. Things will be different.

Confused?
Ask.
Confront calmly.
Protect the future by telling the truth and asking for the truth.

Don't kid yourself if you're worried things may change. Things have to change to get better and keep growing.

It hurts. Of course it does. But who knows? Cycles exist. Perhaps another similar situation will occur one day? Perhaps the past will repeat itself in a newer and better perpective.

Good luck
I love you
gg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts