Unlucky cards - poetic piece

 

444

The compulsive question
of whether I was dealt the unlucky cards in life.

I sit at the table
alone
since my friends have all won their games

and I stare 
at my hand
of mismatched 5s
what a misfortunate time
I am having.

The leader board shows truly
that those who rule
left the table many moons ago.

Having won their games with a queen and a king
they left not losing anything...
or so it seems to me
as I dream still in my seat.

But there to my left my lonely pal
dealt a difficult hand
should we cheat this table
and switch a few cards
to enrichen our lives?
Maybe spare some time?

Though I feel alone, alone
many others feel stranded at this table too
either on my left
on my right
or as transparent ghosts -
just barely out of sight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts