and i love them

436
It's a strange time to be alive at the moment - that's a funny thing to say by someone from the generation considered to be least afraid of death. Coronavirus time.

*crowd goes wild*

*everyone liked that*

Anyway, not to speak about any actual implications or issues caused by the pandemic, I'm going to speak about what thoughts (or specifically one particular thought) the situation had inspired within me.

All of this free time is allowing me to complete tasks that had been on my waiting list for months, as well as search for new opportunities for ideas I can complete once businesses come back to life. This all led me to look at my extensive album of film photography that I have on my phone. I promised myself a few weeks ago that I'd get some photos printed, just for the sake of it really. Like paperback books, I find having actual prints really exciting and pleasing. That being said, I stepped into the deep world of last year's photography and started picking out particular photos that I felt had to see the non-digital light of day.

And I noticed a pattern.

All I really wanted to print were photos of my friends... for obvious reasons too, I believe. Film is something I adore, and I'd never waste a frame on someone who I don't see precious. Funnily enough, I don't have any insignificant shots on my film either - I'm proud of them all, even the messy ones. I adore my friends more than they will ever know and I deem them the most stunning and wonderful beings in the world... it pains me when they can't see that, just as it pains me when they deny me taking any photos of them. Film is all I have right now, won't you take a step into my universe?

Upon all of this thinking, I telepathically stumbled upon a journal that I had been keeping unused and well-kept until now. This journal, my friends, will contain dates with friends. A piece of peace for all that they could be for me. I adore them, what can I say?

Friends of mine, if you ever read this, I'm sorry it's hard to keep in touch - adult life is a pain in the ass, isn't it? I hope for us to make many more memories together. I'm sorry for constantly asking to take your photo... truth be told I'd use all of my finest rolls on you all, regardless of the costs, for you are just too stunning, too precious, to ever be lost in the madness of the unorganised world. I will keep forgetting your birthdays and your favourite colours... I'm hella not perfect or organised myself. But I will keep the love we share as well as the memories of the past (and those yet to be photographed) in my head, in my heart and in my cute lil journal until the end of time.

I love you all.
Yours,
G









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts