A stranger in a familiar place

435
A routine can be compared to a book (or a script, if you're more of a movie fanatic). You have your classic conventions of storytelling: the separation of the story into a beginning, middle and end.

The reason behind their existence?
Progress. Or more so the evidence of progress (but I'll get back to that).

One's routine must also abide by those simple storytelling rules and follow through a particular structure concerning a specific schedule in time, typically being one's day. A routine can focus on the most miniscule of recurrences, in example: brushing teeth, eating breakfast, getting out of bed at a particular time before a journey... Nevertheless, it seems that routines must also follow through the typical time procedure of a beginning to end planning spectrum, without which the significance would be far trickier to track.

This leads me to earlier today.

Having once again completed my beginning part of my daily routine, and seeing myself amidst the middle of my daily storyline, I was surprised by an outlier; t'was an oddity peculiar enough to wobble my balance, but not so strong to throw me off my routine and disrupt the ending. Seems that I caught a familar stranger in a strange-to-see-them environment. Suddenly, someone I only knew from one timeline was shoved into my own, where I had already built my sweet and pristine routine... isn't it rude to interrupt?

But yet again there I was, stood in my middle, explaining the larger picture... the larger middle. Despite living through my daily routine, I was still amidst my story, and this chapter was still just in the middle. I was able to give the familiar stranger a rundown; I was able to paraphrase my blur. As I shared - I learned. How did I emerge? Insightful, as a life had grown alongside my own and I was capable of gaining perceptivity from a third and outside perspective, as for as long as my life and adventure has wandered, a moment to gaze upon one's path from the high mountain was emotionally beneficial.


Whether you feel to be in the beginning of your story or the end of a particular chapter, you have plenty more of those beginnings, middles and ends to place throughout your life, without letting them be extravagantly over-analysed or over-thought. It is never truly the end until it actually is. The bad experience will not be the end, nor will the negative idea. Just because a chapter ended doesn't mean that a new one does not have the chance to begin again shortly after.

Today I was met by someone I used to know... in a time I would have previously considered my beginning. Now? I believe my beginning ended when I was born; I have been living ever since. But to each their own, you define your own bonkers chapters.
As the stranger reminded me of how things used to be, I thought about the many things that have changed... the many beginnings that have found endings, as well as just how many new beginnings have surfaced.

Life floats upon the constant wave. You move. If you paddle a little more, you might move faster. The overload of metaphors has fried my brain but please soak in this post and believe what you feel.

Once more, you are not doomed.
The sweet, honey middle you search for is on your horizon.

Love,
Gab



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts