could you spare a hand

433
Silence.

Is silence darkness or brightness?

To me, silence is darkness; I cannot perceive, make my mind up - everything is a dull blur, scrambling my poor words.

Sometimes, silence is brightess, where the light resembles a flash that blinds everything and disregards any attempts of a neutrally exposed life.

To me, silence is the lack of light.

In this second, as I sit in a cafe, where I have frozen my fingers off after hours of the air conditioner blowing directly at me, I recall the stupid film studies lessons, where the air conditioning left me with the same effect. Similarly, I remember my various jobs, where I would actively try and avoid the pesky air conditioning.

A few minutes ago, my brain was a scribble - a stupid, silent scribble. Now, I am focusing on the air conditioning and what a pain it is.

Focus is a funny topic in modern culture, specifically with the rising levels and severity of procrastination. With motivation being a rare drug and with reasoning becoming inconsistent, where do we stand?

I don't have the answer, but I do have potencial solutions.

Action wise, put your arm out in front of you and imagine you're holding an orange. Feel its weight, imagine its colour, ensure that you can imagine its existence in the palm of your hand. Then, move your arm behind your head and imagine that the orange is placed there, adjacent to the back of your head. Feel it. Feel the pressure on your hand, everything.

Your focus will shift, your brain should clear. Afterwards, move towards your tasks, the orange now the only backdrop of your subconscious.

Alternatively, the same situation without a physical component. Take a completely incomparable thought, such as my past experiences with air conditioners, and allow your brain to wander on that path until conclusion. Neutral. Leave the idea and continue with your tasks.

Emptiness will arrive occasionally. That emptiness could be entirely deafening and not allow you to think of anything else. That is plausible. It's not eternal.

Move.
Grow.
Evolve.

all my love,
darlings,
g

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts