Responsibilities

395
I still remember what it was like being 8 years old. I remember closing my eyes, as if I was in a movie and then opening them as a 16 year old. And here I am, almost 16, still pretending to be in a movie.

As a child, I didn't exactly know what was waiting for me in the teenager/adult life. Now that I am a steady teen, I'm finding out what responsibilities *roll credits* belong to me. To say the least, I didn't expect it all to be so tiring.

As I write this post, I'm actually in the process of choosing out pictures for my portfolio, so that I can get into a school in England. I have decided that staying where I am, in Poland, would be a waste of years for me and would prevent me from ever being truly happy. The only other option was for me to move to live with my dad in England. At first it seemed farfetched, but later the idea became more and more realistic and now - almost certain. It suddenly hit me that I have to take care of my school myself, nobody's going to do it for me. In Poland you don't really do much, that's what I got used to. I also realized that in England I'm going to be working. The whole aspect of my future completely knocked me over and now I'm metaphorically lying on my kitchen floor, watching the lamp slowly swing from left to right, left to right, left to right...

First thing's first - IT'S OKAY! I mean sure, my whole future is on the line here, but it's totally fine! The key is to convince yourself that it's generally okay and not stress about everything too much.

Secondly, do not procrastinate. Ahhh, I'm speaking from my own experience. I've been sorting my portfolio out for over 6 months now... Procrastination won't lead you anywhere at all. Make sane decisions and ask for help if you need it, but try to be as individual as you can.

Overall, don't fret, don't fret to sweat and sweat to do the things in your dreams! Cliche? TOTALLY! But very honest nonetheless. It's all going to be okay in the end. I mean, this is only the future.

love, gabby

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts