Travelling

376
Every time I asked someone "What do you want to do in the future?" and they replied with "Travel" I had a very bored expression on my face. You see, I grew up around people who constantly talked about travelling and I never saw what was so amazing about it.

A year ago, I had my first independent flight without any guardian or anything. This flight made me understand how much I actually enjoyed travelling.

I haven't been to many places. As a youngster, I would fly to Poland for every Summer holiday and then drive the way back to England with my family. We would go through France, Holland, Germany... It pains me so much that I didn't know I was driving through places like Amsterdam or that I have no photo-proof of the adventures. Now, just hearing the word 'travel' wakes the blood in my veins, it instantly makes me so much happier.

"What is it with travelling?" you may ask. Now, I don't know the answer to this question myself, but I'm going to throw a few guesses:
  • I think one of the reasons behind it might be the pressure from all of the other travel wannabes. Everyone talking about one thing can make us also think about said thing.
     
  • Movies and books. If it's "The Fault In Our Stars" or "Devil Wears Prada", creations showing specific places make us want to go there, live the movie / book in real life.
     
  • Curiosity is a big reason too. I was always into geography. I remember researching China a lot. Ever since those days as a 7 year old, I've had that little dream to visit China. I want to see if what I read was true!
     
  • People who actually travel. Seeing gorgeous photos from our friends and strangers may wake up jealousy in our systems. Acknowledging that they're presumably having fun in a different place and doing whatever is written in their caption makes us want to see it for ourselves!
  • The fact of seeing something new (and beautiful). I am an artist. I capture beautiful sights by blinking and surprise, it works! When something stunning catches my eye in the bus, I make sure to save the location I saw it just so I can see it closely. The idea that there are so many wonderful things that I haven't witnessed yet makes me want to explore!

When it comes to me, all of these apply. I've never wanted to travel more than I want to now! Perhaps in some time I might be able to travel around freely. Unfortunately, this is where money (or the lack of it) is a big factor. I am positive that one day I will travel frequently, making memories in many creative ways.

And for those who wish to travel themselves, I will cross my fingers for you.

Love, GABBY

1 comments:

  1. 'Travel is one of the few things that you can buy that makes you richer!'

    ReplyDelete

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts