oh, what a concept

425
And the Angel sing-songs above her, calling the golden hour and admiring the beauty the Sun is capable of bringing inside. She, contrastingly, stays silent, but smiles upwards, acknowledging the existence of the wonderful spirits above, which are overly inspired with the glimmering of the World's Light.

The single idea of differentiating one's 13-year-old self to their present, say 17-year-old selves, is purely unimaginable to the younger minds of this generation. Everyone, whether they like it or not, goes through things in their lives and have their own personal "glow ups" regarding their personalities; that being said, I will never forget the 8 year old (at the time) Gabi Gibek, who would close her eyes and imagine opening them up as a considerably older person.

*BRIEF INTERMISSION WHILE GAB CLOSES AND REOPENS EYES, TRANSFERRING THE MIND OF THEIR 8 YEAR OLD SELF TO THE PRESENT*

A very wise person said something very inspirational on my birthday: keep changing, never stop evolving - the message essentially being that I am myself as long as I feel like myself. It made me realise just how many people tell me to "never change" and "always stay as I am right in the moment", but... isn't that bullshit? Even looking back thousands of years, creatures evolve and - as humans - we are some of the most evolved creatures in existence! How then, may I ask, is one supposed to 'stay the same' in order to comfort somebody else's ideals?

Who we are is up to us; sure, we grow up with a certain collection of surroundings that shape us a specific way, but later on one starts shaping themselves. You are in control of your brain, not the other way around. You can do whatever your mind seems fit.

Ten years ago I was Gabi Gibek, living in England, crushing on two boys while watching shows rated 12+. Today, I go by many names, whether they be more feminine or masculine, representing my mood or my personality, living in England after deciding to do so myself, crushing on fucking nobody because I passed through a love disorder crisis and realising that I was always crushing on the girls in those same 12+ rated shows all those years ago. People change, people evolve, and you should never feel bad for feeling or thinking differently than before or than the social norm, because - newsflash - THERE IS NO SOCIAL NORM ANYMORE. My GOD, when was the last time normality existed? Normal is you, you are your own normal and crazy in one. Besides that, there is no normal because - finally - people are living as themselves and there is no social status you actually have to fit into.

This blog is a diary for me; anyone can get to know a large part of me by reading it. One of my most read posts is the GAAAAY one: get this, 15 or however-old-I-was Gab didn't know at that point in life, but I was gayer than I thought. And it was okay. And it is okay. I'm a pansexual-ish humanoid leaning strongly towards women without having to actually lean on anybody because I don't need a relationship lol I'm 17 haha. And so that's me as of today: 17, clinging onto ideas and dreams, because I'm forever young in my old soul.

You are only the person you want to be.

As always:
I love you
Gabriela Rose Matty Morgan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts