a yearly poem and some things i had to say

415
again
the end
of a thing
that isn't real

i said
i'd get out
try something new
maybe next time

suddenly
my clock is free
my friends are quite at need

i am there
for everything
for they are the ones saving me

i'll be back
forever more
knocking, waiting
at your door

i know you
don't remember me
but darling i

i think i'll go this time
won't come back
won't stand by your door

i'm sorry for changing my mind
thought i'd stay
but now i'm sure

this is over, over
i'm leaving one last time
i am finally sober
and it's over, and i'm fine

---

call me back
another day
i'll be back
in another way

but keep your cup
make your own tea
i'll be somewhere
across the street

minding my own business
for who are you
to even care

this is my life after all
time that i
start living it

i'll take care of my little lives
depending
on me

i know that i've let them die
but miracles happen
to the unlucky

---

despite the lies
i've said this time
i'll actually sleep
in my dreams

for i need some calmness
in my life
and some rain
around me

this besides me
isn't wine
just a joke
let's be real

but i'm here
for even more time
so i welcome
the new year

-_-_-_-_-

Alas, another end is here. 2017 has perhaps been one of the toughest years to date. Somehow, I feel hopeful for 2018. I can't say much, there isn't much to say really. Nonetheless, I shall wait and await. I love you and thank you for being here.

Yours,
lived backwards
hehehe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Reasons To Be Happy

  • you

Popular Posts